Although the world economy and security have become highly interconnected and the well being of each nation has a quick impact on the others, the nations are little prepared to work as a team in addressing the global issues. Although nations interact in a global village, they relate among themselves with inadequate spirit of solidarity.
The MDG 8 is about promoting a healthy cooperation environment amongst nations. By making economic and political relationships fairer and dialogic, it will become possible to reduce the factors generating poverty and ignorance.
Only a fraction of the funds pledged by the UN member states for achieving the MDG goals has been provided for actions against poverty.
However, non-government organizations, the private sector and a number of developing countries are increasingly becoming significant sources of development assistance.
A vast majority of people are opening up to curiosity about global issues and to learning from others. Today, there is greater acceptance and space also for culturally and socially diverse communities to enter into more peaceful and reciprocally fair relationships with each other.
Books or Pages
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/BESP
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Desplazados
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Development Education
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Diffusing Conflicts
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Heritage and Community
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Lo sviluppo sostenibile: il caso Cuba
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Palmyra, Italian Archaeological Mission
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Preservation and Development - Citadel
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Preservation and Development - MAM
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Responsible Development - Varanasi
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Training Young Syrian Journalists
- Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Youth & Heritage