Bartending/Cocktails/Irish Car Bomb
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ pint of Guinness stout
- 1 oz Jameson Irish whiskey
- 1 oz Baileys Irish Cream
Glasses[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Pour Guinness into the pint glass.
- Pour Baileys into the shot glass and, without mixing, pour Jameson into the shot glass.
- When ready to drink, drop the shot glass into the pint, and be mindful of spilling.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When the Baileys mixes with the beer it will begin to curdle very quickly, requiring the drink to be consumed promptly.
- It is sometimes considered improper to order this drink in an Irish establishment. Some United States bars refuse to sell it, and it is not sold in Ireland, where it has been suggested that it is the equivalent of ordering a "9/11 ice-cream sundae."
References[edit | edit source]
- US bars slammed for serving ‘Irish car bomb’ drink Irish Central, 2010-07-05.