Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Arts and Crafts/Stamps (Template)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Arts and Crafts
|Skill Level 2|
|Year of Introduction: 1933|
The Stamps (Template) Honor is a component of the Artisan Master Award .
- 1 1. Relate briefly the story of the beginning of the postal service in your country.
- 2 2. How is the history of your country told in postage stamps?
- 3 3. What are the rates for first-class mail in your country?
- 4 4. What country does not have its name on its stamps and why?
- 5 5. Know the meaning of the following
- 6 6. Have a knowledge of how to soak stamps from paper and how to dry them.
- 7 7. Make a collection of at least 750 stamps. (No two stamps alike.)
- 8 8. Properly classify these stamps
- 9 9. Mount your stamps with gummed hinges or plastic mounts. (Plastic mounts are preferred for mint stamps.)
- 10 10. Choose a topical idea and develop a display of at least nine pages, including a title page, suitable for a stamp club show, Pathfinder Fair, etc. Display should be artistically arranged, neatly labeled and mounted, showing careful thought and research. Be sure to include several covers or cachets.
1. Relate briefly the story of the beginning of the postal service in your country.