Reviewer is a term used for users who can review page revisions. If/when you can satisfy the criteria you should receive the reviewer flag automatically; otherwise you can request the reviewer flag. If you could satisfy the reviewer criteria given enough time, please provide a reasonable argument for why you should be given the reviewer flag manually instead when requesting the reviewer flag. Administrators are reviewers automatically. Reviewers are also given the ability to roll back changes in combating vandalism.
You should automatically get reviewer tools when/if you meet the following criteria:
- Have a registered account that is at least 30 days old, with an email set and confirmed in Special:Preferences.
- Have never been blocked, and have never had the reviewer tools removed (you can request the tools if otherwise).
- Have at least 100 edits since registration (excluding deleted edits), in which:
- 50 or more edits are to pages other than discussion pages, including edits to the main space, Cookbook, and Wikijunior.
- 50 or more edit summaries are used.
- 10 or more unique pages are edited at least once.
- 8 edits are spaced 2 or more days apart from each other (which takes at least 14 days, if you edit every 2 days).
- 5 or more edits are in recent changes at the time automatic reviewer promotion is checked (this works out to be anytime in the past week).
- How to review
- Current users in the Reviewer group
- Reviewing system's configuration information
|Local:||blocked users – anonymous users – registered users – autoconfirmed users – reviewers – uploaders – importers – bots – pseudo-bots – administrators – bureaucrats – checkusers|
|Global:||locked accounts – unified accounts – rollbackers – sysops – ombudsmen – system administrators – stewards|