Scouting/BSA/Cinematography Merit Badge
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|The requirements to this merit badge are copyrighted by the Boy Scouts of America. They are reproduced in part here under fair use as a resource for Scouts and Scouters to use in the earning and teaching of merit badges. The requirements published by the Boy Scouts of America should always be used over the list here. If in doubt about the accuracy of a requirement, consult your Merit Badge Counselor.|
|Reading this page does not satisfy any requirement for any merit badge. Per National regulations, the only person who may sign off on requirements is a Merit Badge Counselor, duly registered and authorized by the local Council. To obtain a list of registered Merit Badge Counselors, or to begin a Merit Badge, please contact your Scoutmaster or Council Service Center.|
- Explain and demonstrate the proper elements of a good motion picture:
- Do the following:
- Tell the story you plan to film in a three- or four-paragraph treatment. How does it read on paper?
- Prepare a storyboard for your motion picture. (This can be done with rough sketches and stick figures.)
- Demonstrate the following motion picture shooting techniques:
- Do ONE of the following, using motion picture shooting techniques, in planning a program for your troop or school. Start with a treatment and complete the requirement by presenting the program to the troop, patrol, or class.
- Film or videotape a court of honor and show it to an audience.
- Create a minifeature of your own design, using the techniques you learn.
- Shoot a vignette that could be used to train a new Scout in a Scouting skill.
- Do ONE of the following:
- Visit a film set or a television production studio and watch how production work is done.
- Explain to your counselor the elements of the zoom lens and three important parts.
- Explain the following jobs related to film or video production: director, producer, cinematographer, key grip, gaffer, best boy, assistant camera operator.
- Cinematography Merit Badge with Workbook PDF, current requirements, and resources for the Cinematography Merit Badge.
- Cinematography Badge Image
- Cinematography.com :: Professional Motion Picture Camera People, News and Resources
|Earning Merit Badges in the Boy Scouts of America|
|Indoor Hobbies and Arts and Crafts|
|Art | Basketry | Bugling | Cinematography | Coin Collecting | Collections | Computers | Cooking | Dog Care | Fingerprinting | Genealogy | Indian Lore | Leatherwork | Model Design and Building | Music | Painting | Pets | Photography | Pottery | Radio | Railroading | Reading | Sculpture | Stamp Collecting | Theater | Wood Carving|