RAC Attack - Oracle Cluster Database at Home/RAC Attack 12c/Install Grid Infrastructure (ASM)
Prev: Create ClusterInstall Grid Infrastructure (e)
- Prepare for GI install
- Install Grid Infrastructure
- Check Cluster Status After GI Install
- ASM Configuration
- From the VNC remote session, run the installation of Grid Infrastructure as oracle:
[oracle@collabn1 ~]$ /media/sf_12cR1/grid/runInstaller Starting Oracle Universal Installer... Checking Temp space: must be greater than 120 MB. Actual 22670 MB Passed Checking swap space: must be greater than 150 MB. Actual 3023 MB Passed Checking monitor: must be configured to display at least 256 colors. Actual 16777216 Passed Preparing to launch Oracle Universal Installer from /tmp/OraInstall2013-08-06_04-25-00PM. Please wait ...[oracle@collabn1 ~]$ [oracle@collabn1 ~]$
- The Installation starts displaying a Splash Screen:
- Leave Skip software updates and click Next:
- Leave Install and Configure Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a Cluster and click Next:
- Leave Configure a Standard Cluster and click Next:
- Leave Typical Installation and click Next:
- In the SCAN Name box, enter collabn-cluster-scan.racattack
In the central box, only the first node is displayed. Click Add... and enter the network names of the second node:
- Public Hostname: collabn2.racattack
- Virtual Hostname: collabn2-vip.racattack
- Click SSH connectivity...
- Enter racattack as the password of oracle user and click Setup.
- The setup of SSH equivalency is initiated.
- Click OK when it's completed.
- Click on Identify Network Interfaces...
Check that the correct addresses are set:
- eth0 is marked as Public
- eth1 is marked as Private
- eth2 is marked as Do Not Use
Click OK to close the Identify Network Interfaces window.
Finally, click Next
- Some prerequisite validation is done at this step. It can require some minutes to complete.
- Since the SCAN Name chosen is too long (more than 15 chars.) Oracle proposes a different name as the Cluster Name. Click Yes.
- Leave the default Oracle Base and Software Location.
In the Cluster Registry Storage Type combo box, select Oracle Automatic Storage Management
Enter racattack as the SYSASM password.
Select dba as OSASM group.
- racattack is a weak password and Oracle raise an alert. Click Yes to continue:
- Leave DATA as Disk Group Name.
Select External redundancy (it is safe to do this in a RAC Attack event!).
The Candidate Disks list is empty. Click on Change Discovery Path...
Enter /dev/asm* in the Disk Discovery Path text field.
- Check two disks that will be immediately allocated to the new disk group.
- Leave the default Inventory Directory. Click Next.
- Check Automatically run configuration script and then Use "root" user credentials.
Enter racattack as the password of root and click Next.
- It takes some time to complete the prerequisite checks.
- If everything is correct, you will notice two checks that have failed:
- Physical Memory
- Device Checks for ASM
Check "Ignore All" and click Next.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to skip some prerequisites.
- The summary page appears. Optionally, click Save Response File and choose a location to have the response file saved for this installation session.
- Review the summary and click Install to start the installation.
- The installation starts. It may take more than an hour, depending on your laptop hardware.
- After a while, the installation asks a confirmation before running some scripts as root. Click Yes to continue.
- The installation continues, again, it may take longtime to complete. Once it's finished, click on Close to exit.