PSP/Install 6.20 PRO
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- Download 6.20 PRO-C.
- Extract the file.
- Copy the contents of the extracted folder into the root of the Memory Stick (ex. PSP -> ms0:\PSP, seplugins -> ms0:\seplugins)
- From the XMB (main psp menu), run PROUPDATE from Game - Memory stick.
- Press X to install CFW. You have now installed Temporary 6.20 PRO CFW.
- To install permanent CFW, run 620 PRO-C Permanent Patch.
- Press X to start installation. It will ask you to test the system before installing; Press X.
- If there were no problems, run 620 PRO-C Permanent Patch again. Press X to start, but press O to skip test mode.
- On the root of your Memory Stick, a vshorig.prx file has been created. Do not ever delete it; you will need this file to uninstall 6.20. Back it up somewhere safe on your computer, in case your memory stick fails.
- You have now installed Permanent 6.20 PRO CFW.
- To uninstall, run 620 PRO-C Permanent Patch again. Alternatively, fully shut down your PSP and hold O + X + START + SELECT while turning on the PSP. Make sure your vshorig.prx file is on the root of your PSP before uninstalling.