Microsoft Certified IT Professional/Exam 70-444/Designing a Strategy to Monitor and Maintain a Database Solution
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Designing a Strategy to Monitor and Maintain a Database Solution
- Define and implement monitoring standards for a physical server.
- Establish the thresholds for performance.
- Establish the baselines for performance.
- Define which types of information to monitor on the physical server.
- Define traces.
- Set alerts.
- Set notifications.
- Choose the appropriate information to monitor.
- Create and implement a maintenance strategy for database servers.
- Create a job dependency diagram.
- Manage the maintenance of database servers.
- Design a database maintenance plan.
- Design a strategy to manage Reporting Services.