From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This is a guide for installing MeGUI.
- The MeGUI zip file which you can download at its Sourceforge project page.
- Microsoft .NET framework 2.0: This is a free Microsoft update around 20mb in size available from Windows Update or the Microsoft website.
- Avisynth: This is a separate program that is used to do editing of video through the writing of scripts. Download the latest stable version from its Sourceforge project page.
- Install Microsoft .NET framework and Avisynth if you have not.
- Extract all the files in the zip file to a seperate folder and launch MeGUI.exe.
- Go to Options -> Update and make sure you have all the latest versions of packages.
Nero AAC Encoder
The optional freeware Nero AAC encoder is the only AAC encoder MeGUI supports. If you planned to use AAC encoding, you have install this:
- Go to Nero website. After reading through the End-User License Agreement, download the file into the MeGUI folder you just created.
- Extract the neroAacEnc.exe in the win32 folder of the zip file and copy it to tools\eac3to folder in the MeGUI directory.
- Launch MeGUI.exe, go to Options -> Settings -> External Program Configuration, and check Enable NeroAacEnc. For the Location, select the neroAacEnc.exe you just copied to the "tools\eac3to" directory.