In this book you will learn the history of the modern state of Israel and the people who live in it. The aim of this book is to be easy to read, informative, and unbiased. It uses plenty of primary sources to give you a sense of what people thought at the time. If you have something to add to this book, or you'd like to correct an error, just click "edit this page" and fix it yourself!
Table of Contents
- The Zionist Movement
- Palestine under the Mandate
- From World War II to Partition
- From Partition to Independence
- War, Ceasefire and Refugees
- Challenges for a New State
- Six-Day War, Yom Kippur War, Settlements
- Peace and Likud Rule
- 1980s: First Lebanon War and Infitada
- 1990-2005: Oslo, Netanyahu, Sharon
- Israel Today
Daniel Shalom is the pseudonym for a Jewish man living in the United States.
Joanna Kristall works for Yeshiva University.