Islam In The World/Saudi Arabia
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
In conformity with the Quran
- Men are ordered to pray in the Mosques, and shops are ordered to be closed at prayer time.
- Sharia Laws are applied.
- There is an official authority called "The General Presidency of the promotion of virtue and the prevention of vice" to help enforcing Sharia.
- There is office dedicated to inform about Islam and the Islamic activities, that works also with workers that came from foreign countries.
- Alcohol consumption is banned.
- Bars and night clubs are banned.
- Women are ordered to wear the Islamic clothes.
- People can take their cases to the court free of charge and without a lawyer.
- Adultery is a crime
- Death penalty for murder.
In contradiction with the Quran
- Islam question and answers site
- Bukhari Book,3618