Io Programming/Io To-Do
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Must Have List for Io 1.0 (Brainstorm)
This is from http://www.quag.geek.nz/io/musthaves1.0.html
- Date rewrite to take timezone offsets into account
- Sequence renamed to String
- Complex numbers
Documentation additions and improvements
- Tutorials need to be written
- Make top-level link on iolanguage.com to references.
- Doc strings for all methods.
- Examples for many methods.
Security / Testing
- Security Audit
- Security Policy
- Safe Sandbox
- Regression Testing
- maybe? waterken web calculus
- Unicode Support in Strings
- Binary Modules (dynamically loading bindings)
- Regular expression callbacks.
- printf (style) formatting would be handy to make porting software easier.
- HTTP server (Needs explanation)
- Readline style input
- Arrow up / down to see a history of lines entered
Must Have List for Io 2.0 (Brainstorm)
- JIT compilation
- Rewrite portions of Io that can take advantage of JIT in Io