Informatics Practices for Class XI (CBSE)
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This is meant to be a textbook for the Informatics Practices subject that is part of Central Board of Secondary Education (India) curriculum.
- To gain working knowledge of a computer system and peripherals
- To understand the application development process.
- To gain programming skills in front-end development
- To gain skills in Database Creation and querying using ANSI SQL.
- To design, program and develop database driven web applications using GUI Programming Tool and RDBMS.
- To understand and appreciate open source and open standard concepts
- Sound knowledge of computer system
- Familiarity with Application Development process using simple IDEs
- Ability to use, develop & debug programs independently.
- Ability to use ANSI SQL for storing and retrieving data from the RDBMS.
- Ability to develop a Web Application using Front end and Back end tools.
The entire syllabus can be found here (pages 152-155)
Table of Contents
- Computer System Organization
- Software Concepts
- Working with Operating System
- OpenOffice Writer
- Industries and Business Computing
- Introduction to Object Oriented Programming
- Programming fundamentals
- Netbeans IDE
- Programming Methodology
- Database Concepts
- Introducing MySQL
- Simple queries
- SQL Functions and Grouping
- Joins and Subqueries
- Database Objects
- More on DDL, DML and TCL