How to Frame a Picture/Equipment required
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Equipment suggested for picture framing
- Sharp pencil (2B recommended, as it will leave clear sharp lines)
- Notebook (for recording colours for matboard, frame types and measurements - and for calculating costs)
- Retractable tape measure
- Metal ruler
- Sharp knife
- Retractable snap-off bladed knife works well.
Frame cutting and assembly
- Mitre saw, or guillotine
- Bounding tape thing
- Corner tacking gun, with tacks
- Oil filled glass cutter
- Cotton gloves
- Square and rightangle ruler based cutter
- Note: a ruler and a knife just doesn't cut it ;)
Sample mat board collection
The spare mat board is easy to store in an old map drawer cabinet. These can be often be picked up at ex-government furniture stores.
Standing against the wall, or up in the rafters.