Handbook of Management Scales/Worker expertise
Worker expertise (alpha = 0.734, CR = 0.736, AVE = 0.482)
The 5-point Likert-type scale for worker expertise was developed from previous literature in order to assure content validity. Items were taken from Snell/Dean (1992) and Subramaniam/Youndt (2005).
Worker expertise reflects the relevant experience and skill owned by individuals within a project team.
- Implementation team members were highly skilled.
- Implementation team members were considered among the best people in the organization.
- Implementation team members were experts in their particular jobs and functions.
- Each individual on the implementation team had useful experience. (dropped after confirmatory factor analysis)
- Lee et al. (2011): The roles of worker expertise, information sharing quality, and psychological safety in manufacturing process innovation: An intellectual capital perspective. Production and Operations Management, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 556–570
The AVE value was below 0.5 and is, thus, too low.