Handbook of Management Scales/Transaction-specific supplier development activities
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Transaction-specific supplier development activities (alpha = 0.823)
- Assessment of supplier's performance through formal evaluation, using established guidelines and procedures.
- Use of a supplier certification program to certify supplier's quality, thus making incoming inspection unnecessary.
- Site visits by your firm to supplier's premises to help supplier improve its performance.
- Inviting supplier's personnel to your site to increase their awareness of how their product is used.
- Recognition of supplier's achievements/performance in the form of awards.
- Training/education of the supplier's personnel.
- Krause (1999): The antecedents of buying firms' efforts to improve suppliers. Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp 205–224.