Handbook of Management Scales/Loyalty
It was aimed to measure Leader-Member Exchange (LMX). Therefore a multidimensional measure was developed and validated. Item analysis involving 302 working students, followed by construct and criterion-related validation using 249 employees representing two organizations resulted in a multidimensional LMX scale. The results provided support for the affect, loyalty, and contribution dimensions identified by Dienesch and Liden (1986), as well as a fourth dimension, professional respect. The following items are taken from the loyalty dimension of LMX.
- My supervisor defends my work actions to a superior, even without complete knowledge of the issue in question.
- My supervisor would come to my defense if I were "attacked" by others.
- My supervisor would defend me to others in the organization if I made an honest mistake.
- Liden/Maslyn (1998): Multidimensionafity of Leader-Member Exchange: An Empirical Assessment through Scale Development. Journal of Management, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 43-72.
Loyalty (AVE = 0.89; CR = 0.89)
A previously used scale by Arnold & Reynolds (2003) was adapted to measure loyalty.
- I am a loyal customer of this company. (0.80)
- I have developed a good relationship with this company. (0.95)
- I am loyal to this company. (0.93)