From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Nations of the World|
- 1 Lists and directories to online resources
- 2 Über die deutsche Sprache - about German
- 3 Online Wörterbücher - Dictionary
- 4 Deutsche Grammatik und Rechtschreibung- German Grammar and Spelling
- 5 Aussprache - Pronunciation
- 6 Blogs
- 7 Podcasts
- 8 Tandem
Appendix 3 ~ Online Resources for German Language Students
Lists and directories to online resources
- bab.la - Language Portal | Online Quizzes | Learn Languages
- German Flashcards - Flashcards with audiofiles and dictionary
- www.deutschlern.net - E-learning platform for beginning, intermediate and advanced students and teachers of German. Exercises based on authentic texts train reading comprehension, vocabulary, and grammar. Monitor function for teachers. Free of charge, requires free login.
- Learn German Online - Free German lessons online.
- Learn German for free - Free German language lessons.
- Deutsch als Fremdsprache - Useful links for German language learners. Site in German.
- German Language and Culture Resources - Materials and resources for learning the German language and about German-speaking culture.
- Free Online German Tutorial - at ielanguages.com
- Free resources for language students - Practice speaking German with audio forums.
- Learn-German - Learn German quickly with our German tips, advice, and links.
- Mango - Mango Languages has free German Lessons for English speakers.
- lernsoware.de Wiki German lessons online
Über die deutsche Sprache - about German
Online Wörterbücher - Dictionary
- Free Online Dictionary - Languages of the world
- Wiktionary - English
- Wiktionary - German
- bab.la German-English - Translations, synonyms, grammar, voice output, regional and colloquial expressions.
- dicologos really this is a multilanguage dictionary with ofer 7.000.000 lemmas in several languages.
- Babylon Babylon Online Dictionary
- LEO - with audiofiles of most of the words and vocabulary trainer.
- Pons - Dictionary with vocabulary trainer.
- Ding - Ding is a Dictionary lookup program for the X window system (Linux, Unix - not for Mac or MS Windows). It comes with a German-English Dictionary with approximately 180,000 entries.r.
Nur Deutsch - German only
- DWDS- Das digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache - German only dictionary for advanced learners.
- Deutsche Wörterbücher von Wahrig - Orthography and foreign words
- Redensartenindex - German idioms and proverbs with explanations
Slideshows with pictures and pronuciations
Language courses German at the time of insertion there is only one file about fruit - I will try to add new ones every week-end.
Deutsche Grammatik und Rechtschreibung- German Grammar and Spelling
- Canoo - extensive database about inflection and word formation
- German Grammar Resource - Free German grammar lessons
- Free online German course - new orthography, grammar, exercises, tests, example sentences, jokes, learning tips
Aussprache - Pronunciation
- A Guide to German Pronunciation - Pronunciation course for beginners.
- Deutschlernblog Tips for learning German. Site entirely in German.
- DaF-Blog On German language and how to learn it. Parts of the Site are in English, but most of it in German.
- Deutsch-Happen small, bite-sized snaps of German language for the advancing learner
- Guter Umgang: German language learning blog about colloquial German (RSS-Feed).
- Let's speak German: Jokes, poems, tonguetwisters and more in German (RSS-Feed).
- Podcasts of Deutsche Welle: Nachrichten, Top-Thema, Stichwort, Sprachbar and Alltagsdeutsch are specifically made for language learners. Most of the texts can be found on the pages Deutsch im Fokus (Sprachbar, Stichwort and Alltagsdeutsch) and Didaktuelles (Nachrichten and Top-Thema).
- DW: Slowly spoken news - suitable for B2, C1
- Slow German: Podcast in slowly spoken German across a variety of topics, ranging from absolute beginner to intermediate.