Folksprak/Grammar/Adjectives and Adverbs
Adjectives and Adverbs
Adjectives do not change and stand between article and noun.
- de grot hus (EN the big house)
- din ny friand (EN your new friend)
Adverbs describing adjectives precede them. They are alike in form.
- de hel bok (EN the whole book) [hel as an adjective]
- de hel ny bok (EN the wholly new book) [hel as an adverb]
Adverbs describing verbs are preceded by them.
- De hus is ne grot. (EN The house is not big.) [ne is preceded by is]
- De hus is ja grot. (EN The house is truly big.) [ja is preceded by is]
Adjectives and adverbs form comparatives with the suffixes -er and -est.
- grot, groter, grotest (EN great, greater, greatest)
Simplifying, you may use meer and meest instead.
- grot, meer grot, meest grot (EN great, greater, greatest) [Basic FS]