Field Repairs of Tractors and Trailers for the Driver/Tools & Other Items to Keep On Board
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
||This page or section is an undeveloped draft or outline.
You can help to develop the work, or you can ask for assistance in the project room.
- Vice grips: use for problem sliders
- Bungee cords
- Torx drive set
- Large channel lock pliers
- Framing hammer
- Soldering iron, portable.
- Flash light, artificial light sources needed when your power is out or it is dark.
- MultiTool, I like the Gerber tools that flick out with one hand and deploy a plier. This allows deployment when holding work or hanging on someplace. The better choices have scissors and wire crimpers.
- Duct tape: so many repair uses.
- Electrical tape: cover up wire splices.
- Spare gland hand ruppers.
- Spare lights.
- Spare fuses of each type used in vehicle (required by law in some countries).
- Electrical connectors:
- Butt connectors.
- Three-way splice connectors.
- Male and female disconnect connectors: to make it possible to easily add and remove items like a CB radio.