|Stats||Open Game License stats|
A bodak is humanoid in shape, with smooth grayish-black skin and a featureless face. Its gaze kills living creatures.
A bodak is always chaotic evil. It is said that humanoids who die in some of the most evil places of the Abyss return as bodaks.
Publication history 
The bodak appeared in the following publications:
- It was introduced to the D&D game in the first edition of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons with the module Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth (1982),
- It appeared in the first edition Monster Manual II (1983).
- For the 2nd edition, it appears in the Monstrous Compendium Outer Planes Appendix (1991).
- It was further detailed in the first Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (1994).
- The Third edition Monster Manual(2000).
- In Dragon #307 (May 2003), which introduced the bodak template, with the five-headed hydra bodak as a sample creature.
- For 3.5 edition in the revised Monster Manual (2003).
- With the 4th edition, it appears in the Monster Manual (2008).
Other games 
In the D20 Modern setting, bodaks are said to be an undead form of greys.
- Gygax, Gary. The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth (TSR, 1982)
- W:Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual II (TSR, 1983)
- Varney, Allen, ed. Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (TSR, 1994)
- Cook, Monte, Jonathan Tweet, and Skip Williams. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2000)
- Mearls, Mike, Stephen Schubert, and James Wyatt. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2008)