From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This is a manual to assist businesses in recovering from various network outages. Some of the steps in the process involve coordination with various governmental agencies.
Table of contents
- Inventory all Software with vendor address & phone number, version, cost,location of media, installed configuration
- Inventory all Hardware with vendor address & phone number, complete H/W specs, any configuration such as RAID, cost and location
- Create a LAN diagram of Routers, Switches, Servers, and wiring
- Document the existing backup activities including location of backups
- Specify a DR team and disseminate their contact information
- Identify recovery procedures for various levels of outages-power, H/W, LAN, Internet, etc.