From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
||Was this page created by accident or as a test? Please improve the educational quality of this page, and clarify what the intentions are on the discussion page so other people may contribute. The page might be able to remain at Wikibooks after 7 days when further development is likely.
Additional comments: 6 years after being created this book still has no content
This is a manual to assist businesses in recovering from various network outages. Some of the steps in the process involve coordination with various governmental agencies.
Table of contents
- Inventory all Software with vendor address & phone number, version, cost,location of media, installed configuration
- Inventory all Hardware with vendor address & phone number, complete H/W specs, any configuration such as RAID, cost and location
- Create a LAN diagram of Routers, Switches, Servers, and wiring
- Document the existing backup activities including location of backups
- Specify a DR team and disseminate their contact information
- Identify recovery procedures for various levels of outages-power, H/W, LAN, Internet, etc.