Cookbook:Wild Fig and Orange Compote
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 500 grams dried wild figs, cut in half
- 1 cup water
- three quarters cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 quarters cup sugar
- In a saucepan combine the cut figs with the other ingredients except the orange zest.
- Place the saucepan over a low to medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Once the sugar dissolves increase the heat to medium and let the mixture cook until it become quite thick and syrupy and the figs have softened.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the orange zest.
- Pack the fruit into sterilized jars and seal.