From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
A tasty cookie that is much like a sugar cookie, but takes less time to make.
- ½ cup of butter or margarine
- ½ cup of shortening
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar together.
- Add salt and vanilla.
- One at a time, cream eggs into mixture.
- Stir flour into mixture.
- Roll into small balls and press into circular shapes on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Remove immediately from pan and allow to cool.
Notes, tips, and variations
- Unlike sugar cookies, there is no need to chill before baking.
- To give an extra taste, add 1 teaspoon of almond extract.