Cookbook:Tunnel of Love
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Tunnel of Love|
Tunnel of Love
- 1 bag dark chocolate hearts
- 3 cups (450g) flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (180g) vegetable shortening
- 1⅔ cups (400g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- ½ cup (120ml) sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180c).
- Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan, set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in mixing bowl, set aside.
- In separate bowl, microwave 1 bag chocolate hearts until melted (about 1½ minutes), stopping to stir occasionally; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat shortening, sugar, and orange zest until fluffy; add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, combine milk and sour cream.
- With electric mixer on low, alternately add flour and milk mixtures into shortening mixture, beating until smooth.
- Stir 1 cup cake batter into cooled melted chocolate; set aside.
- Spoon half of plain batter into bottom of prepared pan.
- Cover with all the chocolate batter
- Top with remaining plain batter.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to wire rack, cook completely.
- From 1 bag chocolate hearts, set aside 8.
- In microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining chocolate hearts, corn syrup, and heavy cream.
- Heat in microwave oven 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- Remove cake from pan to wire rack set over sheet pan covered with waxed paper.
- Spoon glaze over cake, allowing excess to drip.
- Decorate with reserved chocolate hearts.