Cookbook:Tuna Noodle Casserole
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Tuna Noodle Casserole|
- 2 cans (drained) or pouches (12 ounces each) tuna
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups hot, cooked medium egg noodles
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cans (10.75 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 Tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 or 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 3 or 4 ounces cheese, shredded or sliced to cover casserole
- ¼ to 1 teaspoon Texas Pete or other hot sauce
- Replace breadcrumbs with crushed potato chips.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Shred tuna and stir into 3-quart casserole with milk, noodles, peas, and soup. Add onions and hot sauce if desired.
- Bake until hot, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and top with bread crumbs mixed with butter or with cheese.
- Bake another 5 minutes.
- Replace half of mushroom soup with cream of celery.