Cookbook:Toad in the Hole
|Toad in the Hole|
Toad in the Hole is a Yorkshire Pudding, or thick pastry round, with sausages or pieces of meat in it, baked in the oven. This recipe is for a sausage Toad. A further variation is made using fine chopped potatoes in a pudding-basin with a lump of meat in the centre, & then boiled or steamed.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Bake the sausages in a loaf pan or roasting pan, for 10 minutes.
- Add yorkshire pudding batter to the hot tray. You may need to add a bit of oil or fat if the sausages don't produce enough.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove and serve when risen, firm and brown.