Cookbook:Thumbprint Jam Cookies
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Thumbprint Jam Cookies|
|Time||20 - 25 minutes|
A tasty cookie with an 'eye' of jam in the middle.
- 1 cup (240g) soft butter
- 1 cup (240g) white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup (360g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (120g) jam (raspberry/strawberry)
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Once creamed, add the egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder.
- Add flour to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until thoroughly combined.
- Portion out the dough into round, firm balls. Place on sheet pan. Using the end of a wooden spoon, press down on the dough ball to form wells.
- Fill each well with jam. Do not overfill the well, as they will overflow and burn. For the same reason, keep the edges of the dough clean.
- Bake at 300°F (160c) for 22-24 minutes, until a light golden brown.
Notes, tips and variations
- These cookies taste best when still warm.