From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Time||1 to 2 hrs|
Sweet Rice is a rice pudding that can be served hot or cold.
- 3 cups (700ml) water
- 1 1/2 cups (350g) white rice
- 1 1/2 tins (about 2 1/2 cups) (about 600g) evaporated milk
- 2 tins (2 1/2 cups) (about 600g) condensed milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp. (5ml) vanilla essence
- 4 tbsp. (20ml) raisins (optional)
- Bring water to a boil.
- Pour in rice, boil until very soft. Most of the water should be absorbed by the rice. Add more water if necessary.
- Add evaporated milk, condensed milk, cinnamon sticks, and vanilla essence.
- Put in medium heat. Stir once in awhile to prevent sticking.
- When mixture has thickened and reached a pudding-like consistency, remove from heat.
- Add raisins. Stir.
- Let stand.