Cookbook:Sweet & Sour Pork Loin
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 1 (4-pound / 1.8 kg) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 cup salt
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 2 tbs minced ginger
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Thai chiles, finely minced
- Combine salt, honey, water, and coconut milk in a gallon-size zip-top bag. Add pork roast and toss to coat; refrigerate 2 1/2-3 hours.
- Drain pork and pat dry with paper towels. Discard remaining brine.
- Combine ketchup, vinegar, oil, and soy sauce. Toss pork roast in mixture and place on a roasting rack in a roasting pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients and press into all sides of pork. Insert a probe thermometer into the center and bake in a 425°F (220°C) oven until internal temperature reaches 140°F (60°C) for medium rare.
- Move to a plate and let rest 7 minutes. Serve warm with sweet and sour sauce on the side.