Cookbook:Stuffed Bell Peppers
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 4 bell peppers (assorted colors), stemmed and seeded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 strips bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Combine cheese, bacon, butter, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Place into a piping bag without a tip and pipe into each pepper.
- Place on an ungreased half-sheet pan. Bake in a 375 degree oven about 35 minutes, or until browned and bubbly on top. Serve immediately.
- 3 bell peppers
- 500g (1/2 pound) ground beef or beef and pork mixed
- 0.5 litres (1 16oz can) tomato sauce
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) uncooked rice, any type
- salt and pepper
- wash peppers, then carefully, using a thin knife, cut around the stem end about a 5cm (2in) circle to open the pepper. Save this piece. Using a spoon or knife cut inside to remove remaining seeds and white membrane. Rinse well inside and out, put aside.
- start rice cooking with 1 cup water, boil for 15 minutes and set aside
- cook meat until brown draining fat with a spoon
- mix rice, meat, and 1 tablespoon sauce together in bowl when all is cooled down
- using your fingers, stuff peppers with this mixture until full, cover with pepper top which was cut off.
- place in pot sized so they cannot tip over, pour in remaining sauce and any leftover rice-meat mixture.
- add water as needed to keep at least 2/3s covered during cooking and cook with a cover.
- cook under medium to high heat (watch so it does not boil over) for about 25 minutes or until peppers seem soft (all ingredients are already cooked so it is a matter of taste, soft and squishy or al dente peppers!
- remove and plate with sauce from pot.