Cookbook:Steak and Mushrooms
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 1 1/2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 4 (6-8 ounce) New York strip steaks, trimmed of excess fat
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 tsp freshly minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- Brush steak with olive oil. Season liberally on both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat grill. Add steaks and cook 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare, turning 90 degrees halfway to mark.
- While steak is grilling, prepare mushrooms. Melt butter in a large straight-sided sauté pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and keep it moving until golden. Add onion and mushrooms and cook, tossing occasionally, until mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Serve steaks with sautéed mushrooms and desired sides.