Cookbook:Steak, Bacon, and Gruyere Paninis
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This panini is the ultimate manly sandwich with grilled sliced ribeye, smoky and salty bacon, and creamy, nutty, Gruyere cheese.
- 2 (6-8 ounce) beef ribeye steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- White bread, sliced (1/2 inch thick)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Shredded Gruyere cheese
- Several slices cooked bacon
- Brush steaks with extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium high heat, turning often, until your desired "doneness" is achieved (140 degrees for medium rare, 155 for medium well, and 165 for toast).
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain on a bias. Set aside.
- Brush both sides of bread with extra-virgin olive oil. Layer some shredded cheese on the bottom, then 4 strips steak, then some bacon, some more cheese, then one more slice bread. Repeat until all meat is used up.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat 4-5 minutes. Add sandwiches and cook until browned on both sides and cheese is melted. Serve warm.