Cookbook:Spicy Carrot Aioli
|Spicy Carrot Aioli|
|Servings||1 bowl and 1 blender|
Every vegan should know about aioli and related sauces. They add a creaminess which can be otherwise rare in vegan cooking.
The key to the not-vegan-tasting deliciousness of an aioli is the garlic / olive oil emulsion. The same principle is at work in hummus (or marinara). Other common emulsifiers are glycerin, soy lecithin (present in soya-milk, tofu etc.) and egg yolk.
Note on carrots
Carrots can damage some blending equipment. It is recommended to cut them into really small pieces so they're easier to blend.
- One Carrot
- Olive Oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 cloves garlic
- Serrano Chile
- 100-200 ml Orange or Orange Juice (any other citrus works)
- French-style or Dijon mustard (i.e. one that does not contain "turmeric" in the list of ingredients)
- Cut carrot extremely fine (1 mm slivers) so that blender can handle it.
- Place all ingredients (start with 2 tablespoon olive oil) (Squeeze juice of 1 or more oranges, but don't add any orange peel) into blender-safe dish
- continue adding olive oil blending and tasting until it reaches desired creaminess.