From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|This Cookbook page needs work. Please . See the talk page for discussion regarding improvements.
The following reason was given: Needs categorising, linking
Yields approx. 48 quarter wedges
- 2 c All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ c shortening
- 1½ c warm water
Deep fryer with hot oil
- Combine ingredients and knead into a round ball.
- Cover with a towel and let set for 10-20 min.
- Break dough into 2-3 inch balls. Roll out each ball so that it is 8-12 inches in diameter. Cut into quarters.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Turn once.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Serve warm plain or drizzled with honey or strawberry syrup.