From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Shepherd's Pie is a dish of lamb and potato. The ingredients are in no way precise and you can substitute the vegetables with whatever you have in your cupboard.
- 100g minced lamb
- Clove of garlic
- Four large potatoes
- One carrot
- Some peas
- Some sweetcorn
- Mixed vegetables
- Small amount of tomato ketchup
- Beef stock cube or gravy
- 5g of flour
- 10ml of water
- 30ml of milk
- 30g of butter or margarine
- 5ml of olive oil or other cooking oil
- Peel and chop the potatoes. Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes whilst preparing the rest of the meal.
- Cut the minced lamb and add the chopped garlic.
- Next gently heat some olive oil in a frying pan and add the meat and garlic
- Then add the vegetables, ketchup, stock cube (or gravy) and cook on a very low heat for 5 minutes
- Now add a touch of flour and the water and mix well.
- Cook the mixture for about 25 minutes and stir every few minutes
- Once the potatoes are ready drain them, add a touch of milk and butter (or margarine) and mash
- Pour the mixture into an oven dish then add the mashed potatoes on top. Cover all of the lamb mixture
- Cook in the oven at 200°C for about 15-20 minutes and take it out when the potatoes are turning golden.