From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Rissoles (ris·sole) is an extremely popular traditional Australian dish, similar to the American meatloaf.
- 1 kilogram of regular grade beef mince (ground beef)
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- Gravy powder or flour
- various herbs
- Place beef mince in mixing bowl with eggs, breadcrumbs and your favourite meat herbs and seasonings.
- Mix thoroughly. When fully mixed, remove one handful and mould into a the shape of a very thick hamburger patty.
- Roll the rissole in either flour or gravy powder (depending on your preferences).
- Cook on a hotplate, BBQ or in a frying pan on a medium level of heat until cooked through and outer layer is crunchy.
Serve with vegetables, hot chips, salad or by themselves on bread or toast to make rissole burgers.