Cookbook:Rhubarb, Date and Apricot Chutney
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 4 cups rhubarb (sliced)
- 1 cup dates (chopped)
- 1/2 cup dried apricot (chopped)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg (freshly)
- 1/4 tsp pickling salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Combine rhubarb, dates, apricots, onion, brown sugar, vinegar, candied ginger, nutmeg, curry powder and salt in non-reactive saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and cook, uncovered, for 8 minutes or until thickened and fruit is soft, stirring frequently.
- Ladle into sterilized, hot pint jars to within 1/2-inch. Seal and process in boiling water canner for 15 minutes (10 minutes if using 1/2-pint jars).