Cookbook:Red Cross Fudge
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Red Cross Fudge|
Delicious easy fudge that works every time. Never crystallizes.
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 12 oz. real chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Combine sugar, butter, evaporated milk, vanilla in a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Cook on medium heat for 11 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add marshmallows, chocolate chips, walnuts to fudge and mix well.
- Pour into a buttered pan and let cool.
- Cut into squares when it cuts without melting back together but before it becomes crumbly.
Makes 5 pounds. Store in an air-tight container.
Notes, tips and variations
- Substituting margarine for butter makes the fudge oily. Imitation vanilla affects the aroma. Other varieties of chips (vanilla, butterscotch, etc.) work as well.