From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Pumpkins are unavailable most of the time in some countries. An excellent substitute for all uses is made from the following:
- Puree the vegetable mix until smooth
- Add the yogurt.
Use in place of pumpkin.
- Frozen carrot and swede mix makes this a very easy substitution.
- Puree thoroughly to obtain a smooth puree.
- The ingredients can be added whole to foods that will be pureed later.
- Other winter squashes may also be used as substitutes for pumpkin