From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Pudina Hilsa is a wonderful Bengali preparation of Hilsa fish. It is very easy and can be served hot with boiled rice.
- 1 kg Hilsa (Kelee Shad) cut into 10 pieces
- 1 t Pudina Leaves (Mint)
- 1 t Ginger paste
- 1 t Jaiphal powder (Nutmeg)
- 50 g Butter
- 3 T Capsicum
- Salt according to taste
- pinch of Sugar
- 1 t Green Chili paste
- Wash the fish pieces thoroughly in water.
- Apply salt and sugar, 25gms of butter and all the ingredients to the fish pieces.
- Wrap the baking dish with an aluminum foil and place the fish pieces in it.
- Sprinkle the rest of the butter on the pieces.
- Bake at 200 degree C until the pieces turn golden in colour.