Cookbook:Pork Tenderloin with Asparagus and Prosciutto
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Pork Tenderloin with Asparagus and Proscuitto
- pork tenderloin (approx 1/2 lb)
- 1 lb asparagus
- 50g of prosciutto
- 175ml whipping cream (35% fat)
- 6-10 cloves garlic
- 3-4 shallots
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes
- approximately 500g linguine
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 100ml white wine
- Trim of small patch of white reticulin. Why? Because that is tough and elastic.
- Dice the shallots and garlic and set them aside.
- Wash and slice the asparagus into small pieces, using angled cuts for improved presentation.
- If you wish, you may include a few slices of prosciutto (chopped) to set aside as you may want to include it in the sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (200 C).
- Place the pork on a clean cutting board. Wrap the tenderloin with the slices of prosciutto, trying to wrap as tightly as possible so it will stay in place.
- While you are doing this, also preheat an oven-safe pan to medium. Pour a few tablespoons of olive oil into the pan and place the pork inside. Start browning the meat on all sides. Once that is done, place the entire pan into the oven.
- While you are doing this, heat up another pan (preferably a saucepan) and pour a few tablespoons of olive oil into it. Once it's heated up, toss the garlic and shallots in and sauté them lightly.
- Once the garlic has been sautéed to a very light brown colour, add a small amount of olive oil and the asparagus.
- When the asparagus is slightly sautéed, add about 1/2 of the cream and about 1/4 of the wine.
- Fill a medium-sized pot 3/4 full with salted water and set on high heat on a back burner.
- Turn the tenderloin over in the pan, ensuring that the prosciutto does not fall off the meat. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Reduce the sauce to about half of the original volume, and pour in the rest of the cream and wine.
- Turn the tenderloin over again.
- Put the linguine in the boiling water and stir occasionally. You may choose to put the chopped prosciutto in at this point.
- Once the sauce has reduced down again, lower the heat and remove the pork from the oven. Place it on a clean cutting board and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Strain the linguine and start slicing the tenderloin into small medallions.
- Place the desired amount of linguine on each plate, and place a few medallions on top. Spoon sauce over the top.
Serves 3-4 people.