From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 4 cups pomegranate juice
- In a large, uncovered saucepan, heat pomegranate juice, sugar, and lemon juice on medium high until the sugar has dissolved and the juice simmers. Reduce heat just enough to maintain a simmer.
- Simmer for about an hour, or until the juice has a syrupy consistency, and has reduced to 1 to 1 1/4 cups.
- Pour out into a jar. Let cool. Store chilled in the refrigerator.
Notes, tips, and variations
- If you want your pomegranate molasses to be sweeter, add more sugar to taste, while you are cooking it.
- Pomegranate juice stains, so be careful while pouring and don't stir with a spoon you don't want turning red.
- This recipe was adapted from a recipe on SimplyRecipes by Elise Bauer.