Cookbook:Penne Pasta With Sausage
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Penne Pasta With Sausage|
A quick, simple recipe that makes for a tasty meal.
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning Mix
- 4 Sausages, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 28 ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes, drained of excess liquid
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Add onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning mix. Stir frequently and cook until the onions are soft and fragrant, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook for 1 minute.
- Add can of crushed tomatoes, stirring all the ingredients together to combine. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and mix well.
- Drain the pasta and add directly to the skillet with the sauce. Toss the pasta to coat with the sauce.
Notes, tips, and variations
- The type of sausage used in the recipe doesn't matter, so use whatever you like best.
- For a variation with a little more heat, add a 1/4 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes when you add the Italian seasoning mix, as well as using hot sausages.
- This recipe is adapted from a recipe found on Food Network