From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Category||Pot Pie recipes|
Pâté Chinois (Chinese Pie), sometimes known as shepherd's pie, is a simple dish made from layered hamburger creamed corn, topped with mashed potatoes.
- 1 pound lean hamburger meat
- 3 - 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 12oz (341ml, 1 can) creamed corn
- salt, pepper, butter to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C)
- In a medium baking pan, evenly layer the meat on the bottom, then corn. Spread a layer of potatoes.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, until the potatoes are slightly golden.
Notes, tips, and variations 
- Possible toppings include paprika, parsley, ketchup or green tomato chow-chow (ketchup vert).
- See also, Shepherds Pie, Shepherd's Pie, Pâté chinois
- Always follow safe handling guidelines when using raw meat.