Cookbook:Orange-Glazed Sweet Potatoes
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Orange-Glazed Sweet Potatoes|
- 1-pound sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4-tablespoon wheat germ
- 1-tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- Slice sweet potatoes about 1/8 inch thick and spread evenly in an 8-inch square dish.
- Combine orange juice, brown sugar, wheat germ, margarine, orange peel, cinnamon and nutmeg in bowl.
- Pour liquid mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- Cover dish with foil or lid. Bake 1 hour, until potatoes are tender.
Notes, tips and variations
- This did not come with a heat at which to bake, however, based on other candied sweet potato recipes; 350°F should likely prove the right temperature for the job.