Cookbook:Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
||A Wikibookian suggests that Cookbook:Celeste Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies be merged into this book or chapter.
Discuss whether or not this merger should happen on the discussion page.
|Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies|
The Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe here, unlike many other cookie recipes which are manipulations of straight flour-based cookies, was made specifically for use with oats in it.
- 1 and 1/2 (350g) cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup (240g) of brown sugar
- 2/3 (two third) (150g) cups of shortening
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup (240g) of oatmeal
- 1/4 cup (60g) of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (60g) of walnuts
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- a teaspoon of cinnamon
- In a large bowl beat eggs lightly to break the yolks, then mix in the shortening.
- The shortening/egg mixture should be loose, add the brown sugar and remaining liquids, mix well then add the salt to the liquid mixture.
- Mix the baking powder, soda, flour and oatmeal together in another bowl.
- Blend the liquid and solid mixes together.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts
- Make balls and place onto a pan then into an oven heated to 180°C (350°F) and let bake for between 15-20 minutes.
Notes, tips, and variations
- Experiment with more or less chocolate chips and walnuts, tastes may vary.
- Lightly coat the nuts and chips with flour before adding to the mixture.