Cookbook:Nouilles fraîches à l'Alsacienne
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Nouilles fraîches à l'Alsacienne – Fresh Alsatian Noodles
- 8 eggs
- white wine vinegar
- 1 lb. flour
- Break the eggs and place in a large bowl..
- Add about 10g salt (ca. 2 tsp.).
- Add 1 tsp. vinegar.
- Mix while adding the flour little by little.
- Work the dough for several minutes until it is smooth.
- Roll into a ball and wrap in a dry cloth. Allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into pieces the size of a tennis ball and flatten on the work surface to a thickness of 2mm (1/8 inch).
- Allow the dough to dry for 30 minutes, turning the rounds frequently. One can also dry them by suspending them from a cord or over a broom handle place on the backs of two chairs.
- At the end of this time, flour each round and roll it up on itself. Cut into slices of 3 – 4 mm (¼ in.)
- Unroll to obtain the noodles and spread out on a large tray without tangling them.
- Fill a large pot with salted water; bring to a boil and plunge in the noodles.
- Poach for 7 – 8 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and sprinkle with melted butter.