From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
(Redirected from Cookbook:Mushroom sauce)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 grams butter
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 225 grams button mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 150 millilitres dry white wine
- 150 millilitres Crème fraîche
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan and add the onion. Cook the onion until softened, but not coloured.
- Add the garlic and the mushrooms to the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the mushrooms are soft, but have not released their juices.
- Add the wine and reduce by half.
- Stir in the crème fraîche and parsley, heat through.
- Season to taste.