Cookbook:Mushroom Caps Stuffed with Bacon and Cheese
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Mushroom Caps Stuffed with Bacon and Cheese|
Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce©
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- 2 tablespoon diced green peppers
- Chopped mushroom stems
- 2 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 dozen mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Soften cream cheese and put in food processor.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; pulsing on and off.
- Fold in chopped bacon, chopped mushroom stems, diced green onions, and green peppers.
- Set stuffing aside.
- Mix bread crumbs with just enough butter to hold together.
- Stuff mushroom caps with stuffing.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 5 minutes.